Tags: 10g, admin, bit, create, database, dim-00019, enable, error, install, installation, local, message, mysql, oracle, service, sql, user, windows
Oracle 10g under Windows 32 bit DIM-00019: create service error
I am trying to install Oracle 10g on windows 2000
(I am using LOCAL ADMIN user)
During installation, I have a message like 'enable to start CSS service'.
I opted to continue ...
During DB creation, I have the following errors :
DIM-00019: Error during service creation
(OS 1387) enable to add or remove a member in the local group because this grou dosn't exist.
Leave a comment...
- 14 Comments
- i have the same problem with windows 2000 professional sp 4 and the latest security updates and hotfixes from microsoft. To answer the question first: I installed the software as "Administrator", the computer is stand alone and not member of an domain.
Installing the software I get two errors and the following information in the log file:
- "OCR could not be initialized"
Aufruf von Abfrage SpawnQueries1.1.4 Spawn
command = C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\bin\clscfg.exe -local -o C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1 -l AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
Abfrage zurückgegeben: 102
OCR konnte nicht initialisiert werden.
Aufruf von Aktion fileActions10.1.0.2.0 instantiateFile
selectedNodes = null
source = C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\bin\localconfig.bat
destination = C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\bin\localconfig.bat
variables = null
- "OS Error when starting the service OracleCSService"
Starten der InstallationInstallationsphase 2 von Komponente CSS Single-instance Common Files
Aufruf von Aktion ntServicesActions10.1.0.2.0 ntStartService
selectedNodes = null
serviceName = OracleCSService
Ausnahme von Aktion: ntStartService
Name der Ausnahme: StartIndeterminate_OS_ErrorException
Zeichenfolge der Ausnahme: BS-Fehler beim Starten des Dienstes OracleCSService
Ausnahmebehandlung auf Benutzer-Eingabeaufforderung mit folgenden Optionen gesetzt WIEDERHOLEN Ignorieren
The service OracleCSService remains in the status "service is starting"
ignoring this and creating the instance with dbca I got the error
"Instance created. DIM-00019: create service error. O/S Error: (OS1387) Ein Mitglied konnte in der lokalen Gruppe nicht hinzugefügt oder entfernt werden, da das Mitglied nicht vorhanden ist. "This means translated "A member of local group colud not be added or removed, because the meber does not exists"
It looks like an authorization problem - perhaps because of the more restricted security features of sp4.
Matthias Breuer, iCD GmbH, Cologne#1; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:27:00 GMT
- We have had the same problem also, although we did not encounter the 'unable to start CSS service' error first. While attempting to create a database we receive the message: "DIM-0019: create service error O/S-Error:(OS:1388) A new member could not be added to a
local group because the member has the wrong account type.#2; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:28:00 GMT
- according to metalink.oracle.com (searching for DIM-0019):
"This looks like BUG 3388817.
The Bug is still open, and being worked by Development.
Here is a posting from the BUG
The error comes from the ORADIM -NEW command to create a new instance.
Specifically when ORADIM tries adding the windows system account to the ORA_DBA group.
It seems like ORADIM always searches for an account named NT
However, on french windows systems, this account is called AUTORITE
NT/SYSTEM (and called otherwise on german, italian, swedish ... platforms)
We will have to wait for a patch from Development.
hope they'll fix the problem soon
Matthias Breuer, iCD GmbH#3; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:29:00 GMT
- We were using English, not French or German!#4; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:30:00 GMT
- I did a successful installation using the following workaround: add the system user to the ora_dba group and start the database creation assistant. When you get the dim-0019 error open the services window, get the newly created Oracle Instance Service, set the start type to automatic and start the service. Then continue the database installation.
Matthias Breuer, iCD GmbH#5; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:31:00 GMT
- Hi Matthias,
could you please tell more specs ?
Windows Version, Language
Where did you get the System User (User Manager does not how this account)
Klaus#6; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:32:00 GMT
- Hi Klaus,
am using the german version of Windows 2000 professional Service Pack 4 with the latest security updates and patches from microsoft.
open start/properties/system control/user and passwords
(in german Start/Einstellungen/Systemsteuerung/Benutzer und Kennw?rter)
on the second tab sheet called advanced (Erweitert) push the advanced button (Erweitert) opens the local user and groups list
open the group list and double click on ora_dba.
push the add button (Hinzufügen) and add the system group
Matthias#7; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:34:00 GMT
- I think I have the same problem.
When I install oracle 10g, during datatbase configuration assistant: error
DIM - 00019: create service error
OIS - error : (OS 1053) The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
And also another error:
ORA - 12560: TNS: protocol adapter error.
After that, seems just hang on there.
I am using Win XP Pro.
Don't know what to do.
Why oracle make it so hard to install their product?#8; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:34:00 GMT
- Same problem for me...
French version of windows 2000, sp 4,
Trying to install Oracle 10 g ...
DIM 00019 & OS 1387 error...
I think i'm going to install Oracle 9.2 and then upgrade to 10 g . .. but maybe it's gonna be the same problem...
Bye#9; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:35:00 GMT
- Seems this problem can be solved by adding an environment variable ORACLE_SID to whatever you specified during the installation. When I recreate database it has the same problem. Then I find that the error is due to connot start dbconsole, but when I try to start the dbconsole using command: emtcl start dbconsole, it complains about missing the env variable ORACLE_SID, so I added it or via set ORACLE_SID=***, then it works.
If this is the case, I think it is a bug of Oracle 10g, it should atomistically add it, otherwise the installation will die.#10; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:36:00 GMT
- i, I also have this problem.
Have you soled the problem
DIM-00019: create service error
O/S-Error: (OS 1388) A new member could not be added to a local group because the member has the wrong account type.
When i want to create a new database in database Configuration Assistant recive this error
my OS is windows server Stda 2003 and my Database is Oracle Database 10g Stda
Hermes Guiraud#11; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:38:00 GMT
- I have same problem, and I have solved it.
1. Start DBCA and set parameters.
2. Get the error DIM-00019.
3. Start service "oracleservice(ORACLE_SID)"
Start > Control Panel > Services > oracleservice*
( You mustn't stop DBCA )
4. You continue Installation.
Sorry, my poor English.#12; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:39:00 GMT
- Thanks to all for their help, the recommended solutions worked fine.
I′m using W2K SP4 (german) and got the same error messages.
A.Wagner#13; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:40:00 GMT
- I am suffering the same problem (DIM-00019). I am installing 9i Personal on WIN XP Pro. I've added the SYSTEM user to the dba group and I've attempted to do the install while logged in as Administrator. When I receive the 19 error, I try to start the service. However, I receive a message that says the attempt to start the service failed because the service did not respond in a timely fashion. Anybody seen this?#14; Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:41:00 GMT