Tags: alli, database, download, edition, license, metalink, mysql, oracle, register, software, sowftware, sql, standard, supplier
Download Sowftware from Metalink
I buy an Oracle Database standard Edition license and the supplier said to me that to download the software I have to register in the METALINK web page but i didn't′t find the link to download . Somebody can indicate to me where is the link?
Thanks a lot.
Leave a comment...
- 7 Comments
- You can download the database from Technet:
Metalink has only patches (and other support stuff).#1; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:13:00 GMT
- Thanks Eric , but then i don't understand , why pay the license?? I mean there was an error with the supplier and didn't send me the cd's with the software but he tell me that i cant download it from the metalink page,, i'm confused.. but thanks for your answer,,,
Regards..#2; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:14:00 GMT
- I don't work for Oracle, so my responses aren't official.
You need a license to use Oracle (legally) in a production environment. Oracle is NOT free software.
You need a support contract if you want support for the product and access to Metalink (i.e. patches, or the ability to raise a service request).
Message was edited by:
Eric H#3; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:15:00 GMT
- Thanks again Eric, your answers cleared me,
Regards...#4; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:16:00 GMT
- You can download Oracle from the otn site, it is not trial software, the files are perfect fully functional copies of the original CD's (DVD's). You can download whatever you can, but you can only use the software that has been explicitly granted to you according to your license agreement. May be your provider meant, you can request your Original CD through metalink, you have to set up a SR to request the original CD's. Obviously, I am not supposed to interpret the ideas of your provider.#5; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:17:00 GMT
as I know You can order the CDs with opening a Service REquest (type: Software update request or something similar) or You can download it from http://edelivery.oracle.com/ which is accessible from MetaLink also. But as also other suggested You can download the software from Oracle Technology network.
Peter#6; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:18:00 GMT
Click first time user. You need a "Support Identifier" (CSI), which should be included in the contract information you get with the license purchase. Or talk to your local sales rep.
Metalink is the way to get patches/patch sets.
If you have a proper license, then you can download media from http://edelivery.oracle.com
Message was edited by:
orafad#7; Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:19:00 GMT